Apprenticeship training is a smart way to build a highly-skilled workforce that combines on-the-job training and tuition-free related technical instruction. The program is an industry-driven, structured training method that allows employers to utilize their existing full-time employees to earn while they learn. There are no fees for employers to participate and apprentices can be existing employees or new hires.
Related Technical Instruction is provided through a partnership with Hillsborough and Pinellas County School Districts:
- Aparicio-Levy Technical Center – 10119 E. Ellicott St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Pinellas Technical College – 1600 154th Ave N., Clearwater, FL 33760
Apprentices must be sponsored by an employer to participate in training and meet the minimum qualifications below:
- Be or become employed by a participating employer.
- Be least 18 years of age.
- Provide proof of Florida residency.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Be able to perform the work of the occupation.
Employers, please contact: Michelle Schultz, Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This workforce solution was funded by a $3.8 million grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This solution is copyrighted by the institution that created it. Internal use, by an organization and/or personal use by an individual for non-commercial purposes, is permissible. All other uses require the prior authorization of the copyright owner.
<table align="left border=" 0"="" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="width: 600px;">
- Applications Developer (Software)
- Applications Developer (Web)
- Help Desk Technician
- Network Support Technician