Youth will need to meet the following criteria to qualify for the Youth Connect program:
LLSIL Chart Effective Date: April 22, 2016
|Family Size||70% LLSIL 2016|
- Are you a youth between the ages of 16 years to 21 years?
- Do you live in Pinellas County?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or Right to Work in the U.S.?
- Are you a Disadvantaged Young Adult who meets one of the Low Income criteria below?
- Does your family currently receive cash assistance or TANF through DCF?
- Does or did your family receive food stamps over the last 6 months?
- Are you a foster care youth receiving federal assistance or services?
- Are you a homeless youth?
- Does your household income under either income standard based on family size?
- Are you a student with at least one of the Youth Barriers listed below?
- Poor or No Work History
- Lack of Employability Skills
- Living in Subsidized Housing
- Pregnant or Parenting Young Adult
- Homeless or Runaway
- School Dropout
- Foster Care Youth or Aging out of Foster Care
- Completed Educational program, but lack the appropriate license for that occupation
- GPA is below a 3.0
- Retained one or more times in school during the last 5 years
- Frequent moves between schools
- Parents or siblings dropped out of school
- Have recent (last 6 months) TABE test results with scores of 7.0 or higher on Reading and Math.